Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Love Shoes? Join the Footloose Shoes sales team!
Footloose Shoes is looking for new sales team members!
We are hiring for both full-time and part-time sales associates. At least one position requires candidates to be available to work weekends.
Footloose Shoes is a family owned and operated small business, with a close-knit group of staff. Our staff members are treated like family, and we pride ourselves on having a fun and supportive work environment. We’ve been in business since 1983, and have grown alongside our wonderful downtown Victoria community. We deal primarily in women’s leather footwear, but also have a great selection of cozy slippers, quality socks, outerwear, and beautiful bags and accessories. Providing unique, stylish, and functional footwear to the Greater Victoria area and beyond is truly our passion.
Our associates need to be enthusiastic about fashion, footwear, making sales, and delivering great customer service. Sales associates work closely with customers to match them to high quality footwear and accessories that best fit the customer’s needs and wants. We have a wide variety of brands, styles, and functionalities of footwear and accessories in our shop, so it is important for associates to build a working knowledge of our inventory and footwear in general. This way, they are able to ask customers the right questions, listen to and assess their needs, recommend products, assist in finding the perfect fit, and complete sales that leave smiles on the customers’ faces every time. We want all our customers to be excited every time they walk into and out of Footloose Shoes’ front doors.
- Completed high school diploma
- Retail sales experience (knowledgable in footwear is an asset)
- Comfortable and competent working unsupervised with computers and ready to learn proficient use of our point-of-sales system
- Flexible availability
- Confident completing sales at the register
- Physical capability to stand for periods of time with lots of walking, bending, squatting, and lifting
The Right Candidate is:
- Self-motivated to make sales, identify and complete tasks, and maintain a professional and clean store setting
- Confident working independently, multi-tasking, problem solving, and handling multiple customers in a busy retail environment
- A people person with great social skills and ability to communicate in a friendly and upbeat manner with a variety of people and personality types in a customer service role
- Keen on fashion and personal style
- Willing and eager to learn and build on product knowledge, as well as develop your skillset and responsibilities within our staff team
Why Work at Footloose Shoes:
- Competitive wages with opportunities to advance
- Friendly environment of a family owned business with a small group of dedicated staff
- Great staff purchase program once a short probational period is completed
How to Apply:
If you think you'd be a great fit at Footloose Shoes, please apply with a resume in person at 637 Fort St., Victoria, or via email at [email protected].